Adi Abrahams is a Cape Town-based parenting and lifestyle blogger. With a background in interior design, she’s passionate about home organization, DIY projects, and home decor.
I asked Adi to share some types for first-time owners who need to furnish their homes with a limited budget.
5 tips for how to Furnish Your Home for the First Time (Without Breaking the Bank)
- FB Marketplace is your FRIEND!
- UPCYCLE hand me downs or thrift items like couches, tables, cupboards, mirrors, even seating areas!! It’s fun, creative, and always affordable.
- Use soft furnishings like rugs, scatter cushions & throws to conceal stain patches or burns whilst saving to get it fixed/reupholstered/ or bought new.
- Don’t be afraid of using color. Even in the few items you have. It’s a more creatively affordable option to jazzing up a room.
- Invest in items with multipurpose (Bed + storage) or Sleeper couch (save on needing an extra room for short stay visitors).
Listen to the full episode on the UNPACK Podcast
- Tips for furnishing your home on a budget
- Why you should rank purchases by priority?
- How to Source secondhand items?
- Why you should consider DIY projects?
Reach out to Adi Abrahams
This episode is sponsored by Danielle Desir, learn more about her book ‘Managing Money as a New Homeowner’ here.