The Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) is hosting their 3rd Annual #JSESheInvests conference in celebration of Women’s Month.
Less than a generation ago, women were undeniably in the minority of investment decision-makers, today single women are the biggest group of property buyers in South Africa!
Women have many strengths when it comes to financing and they tend to make financial decisions that are geared toward building security for themselves and their family.
Facts about Female Investors
When asked how they define investment success, most women report it as being on track with their long-term investing goals. For men, success is defined as outperforming the markets. Women’s longer-term outlook also correlates with being less impulsive in investment decision-making.
- In South Africa, 45% of men have savings vs 39% of women.
- Only 47% of women invest in pension funds vs 53% of men.
- A study by Visa found that fewer than 2% of SA Women invest directly into equities.
- Similarly, when it comes to investing for the long term, 53% of men contribute to a pension or provident fund, as opposed to only 47% of women.
The empowerment of women through financial and investment literacy is of importance to the JSE! They continuously strive to make investment accessible and conversable to help women feel comfortable to take ownership of their finances and investments.
The JSE She Invests Summit aims to help women achieve prosperity through investment education and help them actualise the concept of empowering themselves through engagement with female leaders and powerhouses who will share valuable insights and knowledge.
In 2019, over 300 women of different ages from various industries attended this amazing event! This year the summit goes digital with seasoned television presenter, business owner and talk-radio host on 702, Azania Mosaka as MC of the event.
JSE has partnered with a range of stockbrokers, leading financial institutions and amazing leadership and financial speakers who are experts in their respective fields. If you want to to be more financially through savvy investments, this event is for you!
If you want to:
- Turn your financial situation around,
- Learn about financial and investment literacy.
- Start or improve your Investment Portfolio
Sign up for this year’s She Invests Summit and let’s empower you to start investing today.
- DATE: Saturday, 8 August 2020
- TIME: 10:00 – 12:30
- SIGN UP: HERE